This one- or two-week course is intended for overseas teachers of English who want to improve their mastery of English while studying new and cutting edge language teaching methodologies.
Maximum class size: 14 participants
Minimum age: 20
Minimum level: Higher Intermediate or equivalent and above (CEFR B2)
Teachers’ Refresher Standard, 1 or 2 weeks: 24 lessons per week
Teachers’ Refresher Plus, 1 or 2 weeks: 28 lessons per week:
An opportunity to observe teachers and reflect on observations with your main trainer
- Guided practice of lesson planning, course design and needs analysis
- Guidance on sourcing and exploiting appropriate materials for your students
- Reflective practice and workshop activities in order to gather a bank of practical ideas and activities which can be used with your own students
The course will cover the latest approaches in the English Language Teaching world and you will look at how these approaches can be implemented in your own teaching context. You will explore a variety of teaching methodologies and classroom activities with a theoretical and practical focus. This course will help you develop professionally as teachers by exploring your own teaching experience and developing new ideas. You will take home a wide variety of practical teaching activities, which can be adapted to your own class and style.
You can also refresh and analyse your own knowledge of English language and usage. Lessons will focus on a number of themes and will improve your use of English structures, pronunciation and complex English usage.
- Recent buzz words in the ELT world- Demand High, Flipped Learning
- Effective classroom management
- Promoting learner autonomy
- Authentic materials
- How to make learning fun
- Using technology & blended learning
- The UK education system
- Testing and Exams
- Teaching writing skills
- Teaching grammar
Contact us today to get your placement on to this course in the UK